Back in May, I got the chance to perform in Calgary at a great event called People are Pearls. At the event people with a passion come together and showcased their art and thoughts. The cool part of this event was that with everyone’s performance left you thinking, and the networking and just meeting new people was great. I’m not a super social person so I was a little out of my comfort zone but it was fun. On the chalk board, there was a question and you had the chance to write your answer. That day I was feeling myself not so much me as a person but what I was wearing so I answered “my Kick game” just for laughs really but when I received the photos it looked like I was thinking so hard. Since no one really knows me 100 percent I thought it would be cool to share my list of 5 things I love about myself.
I love that I’m willing to try new things. It may be food, fashion, music etc. I’m always willing to give something or someone a shot because you never know. I also love that I'm open to meeting new people. Even if they speak another language I always try and understand because I could easily be them in another country and trying to communicate. If someone was giving me a hard time id hate it.
Some people are might hate me for this one but I love the fact I can eat and eat and eat and it doesn’t stick. Of course, that means no booty no boobs and no shape it also makes it incredibly hard to find jeans or any pants that fit right but I love my body and wouldn’t change it for anyone else (except Jlo's lol )
“Don’t touch my hair…” is what is sing to myself every morning. My hair consistently changes week to week. No wigs or weaves either! Could you imagine if I wore wigs hmmmm? I'm actually considering it. Any wig company suggestions comment them below!
I’d like to think I give off good vibes, I’ve been told I do. I try not to carry negative energy around with me even if people around me are balls of negativity. POSITIVE VIBES POSITIVE LIFE
Outlook on Life
I love my outlook on life. I think everything happens for a reason but I also think you have total control over situations and everything works out in the end. Never stress Stay blessed.
Now that you know a little about me and what I love about myself, what do you love about yourself? Leave a comment below, tweet me, or DM me
Keep it Rude!
Howdy Folks. I recently went back home to YYC (Cowtown, Calgary, Alberta ..Canada) and decided that I would actually go out and do things. Growing up there the only thing I wanted to do was leave so as soon as I turned 19 I was out! From Ecuador to Montreal I went to random places and had a good time but there’s nothing like coming home to family and some good food. When I was younger the only thing to do was go to all ages and wait till stamped was around. If you were really bored we’d go to the Movie Dome and catch a 2-dollar movie or even just walk around 17th ave. But Calgary has completely changed. THERE ARE THINGS TO DO. (although I was a very busy child/teen)
I took my daughter to some cool places as well as check out some old spots. I had a really good time. I figured instead of telling you what I did day by day, it would cool to let people know Calgary isn’t boring anymore (but I’m not moving back anytime soon sorry)
1. FESTIVALS!!!! Maybe it’s the time of year I came, but I swear there was are tons of festivals going on. And according to my Instagram feed, you guys really do almost every weekend. I loved it! Although I wish I could have attended one of them I saw loads of photos and they looked great. Whether it was the picnic in the park hosted by YYC Food Trucks or the Lilac Festival they all looked fun and exciting.
2. STUDIO BELL. CALGARY!!!!! YOU HAVE STUDIO BELL!!!! Do you guys understand how cool that is!!!!! Maybe its cause I’m a music junky or just love life, but that place is amazing. 5 levels of Canadian music history. Why didn’t they teach that at school I would have received all A’s? Not only did I have a good time but so did Jhene. The kid’s area is perfect to let your child run free and explore different instruments and sounds.
3. THE CALGARY ZOO! Some of you might be reading this and saying “Cam the zoo isn’t that great”. TRUST ME DADDY (HA if u get it u get it) THE ZOO IS ON ONE!!!!! I haven’t been since I was a kid but the way they have developed it into more sections and building it up more and more is amazing. Spent almost the whole day there until Jhene decided to fall asleep. I guess you can get really sleepy after running and trying to pet butterflies
4. FOOD. Of course, there is nothing like mom's home cooked meal or in my case some Oxtail/Curry Goat meal from Joycee's, but Calgary has got some new gems. Although I hate the fact that 17th ave (RedMile) is now basically a food district (Rolls eyes), at least the food spots are good. For my birthday my Prima Cindy and her boyfriend took me to a cute little Taco spot called Native Tongues. It was extremely busy but amazing and super cheap. I will return and eat all the frijoles I want mmmm
5. EAST VILLAGE! If I ever moved back this is where I want, wait no, I NEED to live. As you enter downtown from the North you see a little “village” just outside the main downtown area. The layout of East Village is an amazing. Having walked around and checked out the area it is definitely the perfect place for someone looking for a way to be downtown but not have to be in the main area of traffic. You can easily walk or hop on the train for free anywhere in the downtown core. Not only is Downtown developing but so many new neighborhoods and new houses are being built and its way cheaper to live there than it is in Vancouver so enjoy that.
6. COMMUNITY. For me, I’ve always had some sort of a community around me but to be honest it was always the same folks that basically grew up together. With events like 10 @10 and other various dance events, the “urban” community has grown and has created and open the doors to so many other great events as well as meeting new people and artist. Recently I performed at People are pearls and even though I completely messed up my lyrics it was still one of my favorite performances to date. The vibes were amazing and I had so much fun.
So my Calgary friends next time I hear any of you complain I will be sending you a digital smack upside your head because your city is now Jiggy Jiggy! The only thing I can say that sucks is the set up in Music Nightclub PUT THE BAR BACK IN THE MIDDLE hahaha..
Till next time Folks
P.S Also be sure to check out my Last Rude Gal ABC’s PodCast here for the last letters!
P.P.S. I’m sure there is still tons of stuff you can complain about but at least there is more to do now.
SO SAD THAT PHOTO IS BLURRY =(
It’s been a blessed week/weekend. Been busy doing something almost every day and this week can only get better. Each week I’ve been trying to apply what it means to me to be a rude gal, and I can truly say this was my Hustle week …I worked almost every day and when I didn’t work I made sure I did something productive. Really proud of myself and so is my bank. account (hehe)
The weekend I decided that it would be my pre-birthday celebration since I won’t be in Vancouver for my actual birthday! That meant Saturday Kranium!!! And it did not disappoint. Unfortunately, I only caught 1 song from 1 of the opening act. Her Name was Shalli and I wasn’t sure what she was wearing I wasn’t feeling it at all I wish I took a photo. About 10 minutes after her came THE MAN OF THE NIGHT!! MR KRANIUM!!! AMAZINGGGGGGGG! He can SANGGGGG . When the riddim for Stamina dropped Me and my homegirl went off. I truly wish I had the video to show you guys how “off” we went.
Couple songs later he invited some ladies on stage to show off their wineing skills…DEAR VANCOUVER LADIES U DISSAPOINTED ME! Next up he brought out DJ Marley Waters who actually Produced the track We Can along with Sak Pase. He was dope too. Overall the show was WICKED if you missed it make sure you’re at the next one. Here are some photos of Me, Kranium and Dj Marley Water!
Every time I go to a concert I always try and take away something from it which I can apply in my own shows. At this show, I actually didn’t learn anything but I did learn being different is a good thing. I’m probably the only person who showed up with a Polaroid but Nio and I did get a memorable moment of him saying “you loyal and you smart”. To you, that may be minimal but we were chatting bout it the rest of the night ha!
That was just the start of the weekend next day was exciting too but before I get into that let’s continue this talk about what it means to be a Rude Gal ABC’s. You Can also catch my podcast of me getting more in-depth with the letters and explaining why I chose these words HERE
N- NEW (Neva Eva Wack)
P- Patience’s & Positivity
R-Rebellious & Reggae
S- Savings, Shoes, Savage
What was your best concert experiences? What letters Of my Rude Gal ABC’s relate to you? Let me know in the comments, tweet me, Slide in My Dm’s, just drop me a Line.!!
P.S You Can Check out the Vibe we had on the Boat VIA my Instagra,m (@rudegallow) !!! Pure Vibes But enjoy this little Clip !
You’re online shopping and you click and add everything you want to your check out basket. You don’t consider the price of anything at the time because you know that you can review your items and prices before you check out. So, you go to the checkout and realize that your basket maybe too full and your over budget so you have to go through and pick what you really want. That is where I am with my life.
I'm sitting at the checkout constantly trying to figure out where I need and want to go to achieve my goals. People always tell me to work with what I got and its true! I shouldn’t have any problems and the only problem I have right now is believing that what I want I can get it. I know I can, I believe in myself of course but sometimes I over think and an idea gets killed quickly. So today I’ve decided that if I’m going to be a true RUDE GAL then I need work with what I have.
Usually, I would post a YouTube link to the Letters of the week but this week I wanted to try something different and really go deep into what I’m talking about. Here is a mini podcast style of what it means to be a RUDE GAL or boy to me! Let me know what you think :
Here are the letters of the week. Try and Apply them to your own life if you don’t already do so.
J-Jamaican (AYEEEE) Judge
L- Love & Laughter
Don’t forget to leave a comment Click that FB like button or Tweet it out! Thanks for stopping by!
Also be sure to check out the people I mentioned in my blog post
You can also purchase a Live to Love Life Tee from MR.Floetic.com
There are no rules to what a Rude Gal Or Gyal can be. Everyone has their own definition. Mine is “A WOMAN WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO GO AGAINST AUTHORITY, BREAK BOUNDARIES AND TAKE RISKS IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE.
Here are MY abc’s, letters A-F, of what I think a Rude Gal Or Boi should encompass or use in everyday life.
F- FLEXABLE, FASHION, FUN
Check the Video below for a full description of why I think these words represent someone who is RUDE.
Hope everyone has a RUDEtastic week.
Be sure to hit me up on social media and leave a comment.